"Get Hooked on North Carolina"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

NC Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Fishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NC Fish Finder Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritz53
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Fishing Reply with quote

Anyone out there been fishing if so what are you catching or has this site done down hill like many other is see.
jimvision
Brook Trout Rank

Total Points: 44

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting out some.
How you doing Fritz53 ?
Been catching a little of everything here in IN, but not much to brag about. I have had a couple of good ones get away recently. Last Friday at Patoka reservoir, had the biggest LM of my life come off. Hooked her in 16 fow, jigging a bladebait. Thought I was hung up at 1rst. Drag peeled off 5 times before I got to finally see what was pulling so hard. Unfortunately when she exploded thru the surface, she came off on re-entry. Most bladebaits have small hooks and are easy for fish to throw. A couple days later I upsized all my bladebait hooks (cicadas, sonars, gay blades, zip lures, silver buddy, ect...). I also think a stiff rod is a no no. Need a softer more forgiving top third. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you that it was an 8lb+ mass of dark green fury.
Two weeks ago, casting a shadrap at Monroe reservoir, once again I thought I was hung up. I then changed my mind and thought that I was pulling up a waterlogged stump. I was quite surprised when this stump began thrashing on the surface. Big old flathead. he did a 180 degree flip using his nose as a pivot point and came down on my line. He disappeared as my shadrap sailed past my head at mach 2. I measured 45 inches of slime on my line. Had I the fortune to get that beast to the boat, I would've had to make a grab as my net was not big enough. I am not going to tell you that flathead was well over 30lbs.
So, I'm getting out there. Looking forward to October, when I usually do a little more catching as temps cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NC Fish Finder Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: