Anyone out there been fishing if so what are you catching or has this site done down hill like many other is see.

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm

I've been getting out some.
How you doing Fritz53 ?
Been catching a little of everything here in IN, but not much to brag about. I have had a couple of good ones get away recently. Last Friday at Patoka reservoir, had the biggest LM of my life come off. Hooked her in 16 fow, jigging a bladebait. Thought I was hung up at 1rst. Drag peeled off 5 times before I got to finally see what was pulling so hard. Unfortunately when she exploded thru the surface, she came off on re-entry. Most bladebaits have small hooks and are easy for fish to throw. A couple days later I upsized all my bladebait hooks (cicadas, sonars, gay blades, zip lures, silver buddy, ect...). I also think a stiff rod is a no no. Need a softer more forgiving top third. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you that it was an 8lb+ mass of dark green fury.
Two weeks ago, casting a shadrap at Monroe reservoir, once again I thought I was hung up. I then changed my mind and thought that I was pulling up a waterlogged stump. I was quite surprised when this stump began thrashing on the surface. Big old flathead. he did a 180 degree flip using his nose as a pivot point and came down on my line. He disappeared as my shadrap sailed past my head at mach 2. I measured 45 inches of slime on my line. Had I the fortune to get that beast to the boat, I would've had to make a grab as my net was not big enough. I am not going to tell you that flathead was well over 30lbs.
So, I'm getting out there. Looking forward to October, when I usually do a little more catching as temps cool.

Posted Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am

NC Fish Finder

Social Links